- Friday, June 13, 2014

First Post!

I was assigned to the KOBE, JAPAN mission.

So, as many others have, I've decided to create this blog to document my 18 months of mission service for the LDS church in Japan! I ship out of home October 1st.

What's going to happen here is I'm setting up this blog to hopefully look nice and be rather intuitive (I can't help it, I'm a developer) and then when my mission starts, I'll email my parents/sister/someone updates and pictures for them to post.

For now, I think I'll take my next 4 months of preparation and update with my spiritual thoughts.

I don't really expect anyone to read this, I'm mostly keeping this for my own memory and organization purposes. I chose a blog instead of an email chain because I've personally really enjoyed reading the blogs of random strangers currently serving in the Japan. Maybe some random stranger in a year will take some comfort and excitement from my blog. Who knows, maybe I'll even grow to like blogging.

Sorry this post is so basic and dull - mostly I just want to have some text submitted so I can start playing around with HTML and CSS and preview what this blog will look like. What ever the writing quality that results, I am DETERMINED to make this look professional. (Or fail dramatically trying)

And back on a more spiritual note, I am so excited to go out and serve the Lord! I know I'll be sacrificing some things I currently can't live without (I am such an internet junkie), but I'm confident that the Lord will bless me for my actions and I'll become a better, happier person for it.

Sayonara!
Sister Williamson

No comments:

Post a Comment