- Saturday, September 26, 2015

August 30 & September 6 - Osaka Area

August 30 

To Elsie:  You still in on the mission thing? There are fun times. There are things I've done and people I've met that I will remember forever, and friendships that I can't imagine not having had. But it is also the hardest thing I've ever done. Really really hard. It feels like years. You don't just give up what you're doing/career/stuff, you give all of yourself. All your hobbies, all your time, all your energy. You have to be prepared for that too. I always saw missionaries just doing their thing and thought it was way carefree. But it is exactly opposite. 

September 6

This week I got way sick! But we had a bunch of lessons that I really wanted to go to, so I may have pretended not to be sick, and just went anyway... It was kind of hard but also super with it. We were able to eat with less actives and investigators lots this week! It was super fun! I'm not always sure how to help investigators out, but I know that showing them love is half of the way.
But we were really blessed this week to have a really cool experience giving away a Book of Mormon. An investigator who before had really only expressed interest in English was super touched to be given a Book of Mormon and way proud she had one. I have no idea how it happened really, but it was super special, and just testified to me strongly that the spirit can touch people's hearts.
There's a member that we teach who this week really was able to understand the atonement just a little better and it really touched him.
We also visited members who live in a care home and just sang songs with them and told them stories. It was a really cool experience, and I hope we're able to go back sometime.
We were also able to make a bunch of appointments this week for meeting new people, so hopefully we get somewhere with that! :)
Things are going! 
Love,
Sister Williamson




No comments:

Post a Comment